Monday 25 July 2011

Reflection on 24-7-2011


Joey Chu (4S)
                
We had a picnic in the Hyde Park today where we had our lunch and enjoyed ourselves playing sports the whole afternoon. We felt so relaxed being with our friends chilling out after a busy academic week. Also, I found this picnic an opportunity for me to do some sports games which I don’t usually get the chance to do in Hong Kong. I liked sitting on a large field of grass, which was really beautiful and I used to see it only in movies. There were different sports equipments provided and I chose to play volleyball with my friends. It reminded me of the times I had with my friends in the volleyball team at school.

When we were tired, we sat on the grass and chatted. We also sang and lay on the grass, enjoying the mild breeze and sunshine. I used to be really afraid of all insects, but when we were in another country following others’ cultures, I just didn’t find these insects really matter.
We will be starting another academic week tomorrow, the picnic we had today has really gave us the chance to refresh ourselves and prepare for the busy week coming. I don’t think I will be having a similar chance to relax myself when I get back to Hong Kong, I have really had a good time and will never forget this picnic we had today.

Patsy Lau (4S)

Today is Sunday, we didn’t have any lesson and went for picnic in Hyde Park. After chilling out a bit in the Queen’s lawn, we walked to the park. Today was a sunny day and it was quite enjoyable to sit on the lawn and have lunch with our friends. Although we have already been there for picnic two weeks ago, I still find this trip fun and interesting as we could have a chance to chat and play with our new friends. After having a sandwich, we started to play different sports games with our mentors, such as volleyball and football. After having some exercise, we played card games and lay on the grass to have a rest. We taught our mentor to play card games that people in UK didn’t know and he also told us more about the UK culture. I think that was a great opportunity for us to learn more about the foreign culture and I really treasure these experiences. Then, we chatted and sang some songs together and all of us enjoyed ourselves so much.

I think today’s experience was quite special as we don’t have many parks in Hong Kong where we can sit for a whole day to relax ourselves. This picnic also allowed us to know more about the living style of the British. People in Hong Kong usually go for shopping during weekends but people here love to go to parks and relax themselves with their families. This is quite different from Hong Kong. I think that having a picnic is really great and enjoyable. Hope that I still have a chance to go for picnic when I get back to Hong Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment